Saturday, March 31, 2007

Gatto Squalo!

We just finished our 9 hour Saturday class and we are on the eve of our last day of the TESOL course. Today was a lot of fun, but a lot of us are starting to hit a wall. Our instructor is excellent and she is very energetic - though I can't imagine how hard it can be to motivate a group of adults over a 9 hour period after three evenings of material covered already.
Today we began our presentations. Five of us went today and the rest of the class goes tomorrow morning. Steph taught 5 words in Spanish ("feelings") with her faithful companion, Ramone - the Penguin. She did a lovely job.

We then had Noelle teach us to count to 5 in Japanese. I then taught the class the names of five animals in Italian, Hy taught us 5 colours in Cantonese, and Cameron taught us modes of transportation in Spanish. It was pretty cool to be able to look-up a few words in another language knowing that you had to teach them to your peers using a language neither you, nor your peers understand.
I have to say that through my brief look into the romantic language of Italy, I have found three words that not only made their into my presentation, but also made their way into my heart...
Gatto!

Squalo!

Gatto-Squallo!

Those images brought much laughter and tears and I'm sure that in a matter of months, children all over Korea will awake with night terrors at the thought of finding themselves afloat on a lake in Interior BC with a Gatto-Squalo in hot pursuit. At least, that's my plan.
We're looking forward to tomorrow when we start learning about how to apply for positions etc. But first, an evening of pizza, Sex & the City, and relaxation.

No comments: