Sunday, April 1, 2007

Graduation


Well, today we finished our TESOL course. It's really hard to believe that it's done. It was pretty much all that Steph and I focused on over the last five days whether we were in class or at home doing our readings and assignments. It turned-out to be a lot of fun and we were both really glad that we decided to take the course. I know that what we learned during as well as what we'll have access to afterwards will come in very handy when we arrive in Korea. After graduating from U of C in 2000, I'm pretty excited to be doing homework again. I realize that makes me a huge nerd, but hey.
It was also cool to do this course with Steph and realize that we make a pretty cool homework team - we even get homework done... sometimes ;)
Now that the course is over, we are excited about starting to put our resumes together and applying for jobs as soon as possible. Of course, real life etc. will start getting in the way a bit, but we now have a much more clear direction to go in - in terms of applying and how to weed-out the schools we won't want. I can't wait to post about our new contract once it's signed, sealed and delivered. Lots to do before that though, so I may not be posting for a little while.
In the meantime, here is the shot of our graduating class...
Back row: Daring Dan, Raphaelle (our instructor), Nice Noelle, Surprising Stephanie, Hyper Hy
Front Row: Creepy Cameron, Dynamic Dan, Likeable Lyla, Dastardly Dave
I also decided to donate Barb's lovely gift of Ramone the Penguin to the TESOL classroom. Since he won't be making the trip with us, I thought it would be best for him to be in a place where he can entertain the teachers of tomorrow.

Class is over, but I look forward to keeping in touch with everyone and seeing where they end-up. Thanks, Raphaelle, for a great course. Now, back to those resumes...

1 comment:

Gdog said...

Congrats on graduating from your TESOL course! Whereabouts are you planning to apply? If you are interested, my work is hiring. Shoot me an email and I can provide you with their website. Cheers!