Thursday, February 26, 2009

Farewell



It's been over a month - nothing new from this blog.

Well, after a fine visit home - and a bit of a longer stay in Canada than I had originally planned, I am heading back to Korea to teach for another year. I've had a mostly grand time at home: spending time with friends and family, getting to know my nephews better, going to the movie theatre at least 20 times (something I just didn't do enough of in Korea), and I suppose just relaxing enough to be ready to go back to a much faster pace in the land of morning calm.

This year will be very different: new place, new school, new hours, no Pig, no DS squad, and most importantly, no Pot-Pie. Something tells me that between the obvious adjustments and readjustments, I'm going to have some time on my hands to blog. So, here's to a renewed promise to keep more in touch, to catch-up on some things I've been meaning to write about for a while, and to explore a little bit more.

It's been good being home, and I don't really know how to feel about going this time. Here's to the new and different, the challenges of being alone out there, and to holding on to what's most important. Mukmuk and I will see you all soon.

No comments: