Monday, March 23, 2009

Teacher - pleeeease...

I just can't shake this cold. Spring is not a good time of year to begin one's journey in Korea. There's some nasty stuff floating around - especially in a school of well over 1000 students.

But let me take a moment to tell you about one of them. I don't have the little dude's name yet, but I will this week. I've seen him in class once and in the hallway many times since. He's a little dude with little-to-no neck, a very expressive face, and what I expect beneath the language barrier to be a very good sense of humour.

He almost always walks with his hands in a praying position. Why? Well, he might be a faithful little fellow, though I've most often seen his clasped hands rising up at me begging for asylum from a certain much taller girl in his class. She will beat him soundly if I don't intervene. It seems to be partially in-fun, though I'm pretty sure that my friend's pleas are becoming quite in earnest. Damn though - the absurdity of it really makes me laugh.

2 comments:

Chris Taylor said...

There he is! That kid's awesome, Dave!

George Bailey Sees The World! said...

Yeah, he really took a beating today. Not even an air cast on his right foot would cause her to pull her punches. Brutal.