Monday, August 3, 2009

Thirst


Hey, folks...

About two months ago now I went to check-out Park Chan Wook's new film, Thirst. Park is one of Korea's most well-known and respected directors. His films are mostly violent and a challenge to sit-through without squirming at least 10 times, but the squirms, and perhaps the bad dreams, excessive sweat, vomiting and loss of faith in your fellow man are well worth it.
Certainly his most acclaimed and popular films are those that form what has become known as his "Revenge Trilogy: Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. If you haven't seen them and want something riveting and very different from the Western film norm, then you won't be disappointed by these three.
Thirst is a bit of a departure - Park's first vampire film, but just as unnerving and just as strange. The film is being released back home in Canada this week, so here's my review if anyone's interested in checking it out. For anyone at home reading this, I highly recommend that you do check it out... except maybe mom.

For my review of Thirst (박쥐, or "Vampire"), click here.

I'm hoping to review many more Korean films for www.thatmoviesite.com and I'll be posting links here as I do.

No comments: