Thursday, December 3, 2009

New roomates



Hey, folks...

Lots to write about - I would love to be able to stay and chat more, but as it is, I'm pretty effing tired and I've got a lot of sleep/work to catch-up on.
Just wanted to say that I've got a couple of room mates staying with me for the next little while. It's not the first time - a couple of teacher friends have had some lay-over time after leaving their contracts and before leaving Korea. This time, some friends I met through other theatre folk had a rude awakening from their hagwon they signed with before coming to Korea, and as a result, have decided to look for employment elsewhere in Korea. It seems they have found a good fit south of the mainland. For the next few days however, they will be staying in my comfy loft.
I can't say I know them well, but as facebook tells me, we have nearly 50 common friends - such is the world of Calgary theatre. It's been good chatting with them tonight though, and it'll be nice having some December guests to warm the home. They are in a tight spot, so I'm happy to be able to have a place that can offer some relief in a relatively comfortable way.
It's December here - lots of lights and lots going on. Christmas caroling is in full swing, new friends are being made and older friends are re-signing for another year. Makes the next contract seem like the right choice. It is December though, and I miss my families - Bailey and Gagnier. I guess that's how it will always be for me. I'm glad I have a tree though - and good friends to sit by it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Neil and Emiko made it. tell them I said Hi and I'm sorry i couldn't be at their going away party, what with that being the same night Sweeney was closing.

Janos