Thursday, March 18, 2010

How dry I am

A long-ish day at work today - it's tough when you are repeating your "Introduction to Teacher Dave" lesson for the 13th time in a week, and while the new grade 1 students are hearing my jokes and witty references for the first time, my co-teachers are hearing it for the 5th and 6th time in some cases. When they tune-out, I want to remind them that feigning enthusiasm for my obvious ESL wit is key by the time Thursday rolls around. Without my co-teachers on-board, it can be a struggle.

Another things that's a struggle for me the last few days has been my eyes. They are dry as hell. I wonder if my tear ducts have simply closed-up shop. I can just feel dry flesh on the insides of my eyelids, rubbing against my already dried-out eyeballs. It's a pain in the ass - or the eyes, as it were. Good thing I made it out to Choi Yong's family's house for dinner tonight. Photos to follow. It feels like dining with family when I'm there, and they didn't seem to mind my excessive blinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i truly enjoy your writing kind, very helpful.
don't give up and keep penning in all honesty , because it simply just truly worth to read it.
excited to browse through more and more of your stories, have a pleasant day ;)

George Bailey Sees The World! said...

Thanks for reading :)