Thursday, April 15, 2010

Late Bloomers


This will be my third Spring in Korea. If you've ever been here, you'll know that Koreans pride themselves on having four distinct seasons - it is a level of pride that suggests this is the only country in the world that can make such a claim. Being from Canada however, I'm not all that amazed.

What's a marked difference from my hometown though is the usual regularity of it all. It seems to me that each of the four seasons lasts for almost exactly 3 months - quartering the year perfectly. Once it starts to get warm, you will NOT have anymore sudden slides into snowfall. Calgary, this is not.

Still, the flowers have been delayed as it's still dipping below zero at night from time to time. They're slowly making an appearance though - I took these at my school. I have no idea what these ones are, but the blossoms are about 8 inches across. Auntie - any ideas?

Going to head to Yeuido on the weekend to join the throngs in blossom gazing. I'll try not to get killed in a bottle-necked stampede by the subway entrance.

No comments: