Monday, April 12, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

Today was the first day of the second and final week of speaking tests. I have to say - as easy as repeating the same conversation 120 times in one day might sound, after 6 full days of this, let me tell you, I am done.

I actually feel as though my brain is shutting down in order to conserve energy. It's recognizing my speech patterns as being repetitive to the point of being a reflex. If I can breathe while I sleep, then by this point, I can surely conduct a speaking test in my sleep. I might even get the chance to test that theory this week.

It was a 12 hour day today, actually - I stayed late with a couple of the other teachers to put some finishing touches on the English Only Room library - a few things that will ideally encourage more students to be there and the actually borrow and use the material. We shall see, but if I can get a few English literacy promotional practices in place at that school before I go, I will feel like I've accomplished something.

Just wake me up when the speaking tests are over.

No comments: