Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I'm tired... tired... I'm tired!"


I’m tired, and I don’t want to go on at length about it, as I know people with much more reason than I have to feel tired, but I could fill post after post with a handful of anecdotes relating to why I’m lacking energy these days.

In short, my school’s Summer English Camp and the way it always seems to unfold itself with maximum administrative awkwardness, weird student dynamics, and the fact that it all just goes on way too long. Camp kicks my ass. It came down to me returning to my apartment two days ago, sitting on my bed, staring at a wall for probably five minutes considering what my next move would be – knowing that I had another long day of extracurricular activity ahead of me and was already sorely lacking the required get-up-and-go.

So, after much deliberation, I decided to go the fridge. I opened the door to see an apple in one of the drawers. I then looked at the apple for about a minute, going over my options: If I didn’t eat the apple, I would be wanting energy in some other form in short order. If I on the other hand did decide to the eat the apple, that would have involved me opening the drawer, picking up the apple, carrying it to the sink, peeling it, cutting it, and then (ideally) eating it. But that would have required chewing.

So, I took a nap instead – fully intending to eat the apple when I awoke, which I did.

My days are full – and mostly in good ways, when I get away from that which makes me insane. But it’s been a trying month, and I am tired.

Last day of camp is tomorrow, and then a matinee of Toy Story 3, and then back home to pack, because there’s a lot of good on the horizon.

I’m going to eat apples and do my best to summon-up the energy needed for a proper update tomorrow.

No comments: