Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Audrey 3

One of the PE teachers at my school, Mr. Choi, can be a bit of a wild man, as evidenced by his tendency to imbibe enough Korean spirits to either walk on his hands and wave a leg to hail a taxi, or to dive into rough night ocean currents and emerge with a fish between his teeth.

He is also, coincidentally, a caring father to two little girls and hundreds of rare Korean plants - many of which he has discovered on his travels and brought clippings of back to Seoul, and one of which he gave to me about a year and a half ago now.

Last month, the thing flowered for the first time. The blossom dried-up and dropped off soonish after it appeared. Now, I have two little blossoms. I have no idea what the name of this flower is, but it looks a lot like an orchid of some kind. Maybe Auntie could try identifying it for me. If you can, please click on the comments sections below and net me know, then I will tell you its name in Korean :)

No comments: