Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Last Day on the East Coast

It's been a great little trip so far. I have a ton to write about and I will do that when I get home - not now as I forgot to bring my camera USB cord with me and my descriptions wouldn't be as effective without the photos to accompany them.

We've been busy since we got here - 10 hours at Seorak Waterpia (a great water park built to be enjoyed all year long with lots of hot tubs and wave pools etc.), a trip into Seoraksan (mountain park), one of the most beautiful natural areas in the country, and then last night and this morning walking around the coastal city/town of Sokcho to see what small town night life is all about and to try to see the early morning sunrise today (it was a tad overcast).

All in all, great times, and as I will write about extensively, we couldn't have been luckier with the weather. The record East Coast snowfall that was apparently big enough to make the news in Canada was also big enough to scare-off most of the people who might have otherwise made the trip from Seoul. As a result, our bus was half-empty, and so was the waterpark... so were the mountain trails actually (don't worry, mom - we just walked the valley with a very slight incline :)

Anyway, lots ot share and many photos to post. The rare snow made everything more beautiful and much less crowded than it would have otherwise been at this time of year. Lucky are we. Off to one more location before calling it a trip and getting on the bus for Seoul. I'll post again when I get some free time over the next couple of days.

In the meantime, here is a Google image of Seoraksan in the Spring to tide you over...

No comments: