Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Mission Musical


Tonight, I get to join the rabbit at the world premiere of a new musical. It was a part of my birthday gift last month and we're both pretty excited about it. I'm sure I'll have more to say about it after tonight, but right now I'm just excited to see something brand new on stage that doesn't include the subtitle: "Turn off the Dark".

The show is entitled "The Mission: Heaven on Earth", and if you check-out the website below you'll see that there is a heavy Italian influence to say the least. The show is based on the 1986 film of the same name starring Robert De Niro and Jeremy Irons, which was perhaps best remembered for its score by Italian composer, Ennio Morricone.

Rumour has it that Ennio Morricone, himself, will be present to introduce the show tonight as it is the opening night of a one month run at Sejeong Arts Center. The rabbit was somehow able to score 2nd row seats, so I'll try to get a photo if he does take a moment to address the crowd.

I understand that it will be presented in Italian language with Korean subtitles. So, to brush-up on the story, I watched the film today for the first time in years. I'll tell you all about it later tonight.

No comments: