Saturday, March 12, 2011

Letter From Home


I love getting mail. Email's nice, and facebook "hellos" are lovely, but a paper something touched by human hands is something grand, indeed.

This week I got a lovely letter from my sister and some fantastic drawings from my two little nephews. A couple of months ago, the two little guys were introduced to My Neighbour, Totoro through a DVD I had bought for my older nephew for his birthday. They can't seem to get enough of it, and they are all about the cat bus, though I wonder if it kind of creeped them out with its first appearance as it did me.

Anyway, in the spirit of Miyazaki, and with Japan on the mind, I offer you these two Studio Ghibli drawings from the hands of babes. I hope that whoever is hurting over there as a result of the earthquake and tsunami have people around them who love them. That's what I'd want, and I would hate to be alone.

No comments: