Monday, March 21, 2011

Sundays and Mondays

Sundays, in my life at present, are pretty great. These days, they begin with a morning bike ride (now that the weather has warmed significantly) not too far from my neighbourhood. That's followed-up with an omelet and fruit breakfast with Starbucks coffee on the home machine, cleaning-up my house and the turtle's house (laundry and the like) while I'm listening to some combination of Bill Maher's Real Time podcast and Hockey Night in Canada live on the radio (via the internet). Then it's a few lesson planning tweaks before the rabbit drops by to try a new baking recipe, join me in making dinner, and watching a movie.

It's a simple day, but a much-needed rest from my 6 day work week. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have my Sundays as they are, my Mondays would really be in trouble - even more so than they are now. That, and I suppose this is definitive proof that I'm simply getting old. I don't go out crazy late on Saturdays anymore - for a myriad of reasons, really - and my free mornings are just too valuable for me. I wonder how long it is until I start putting doilies under all of my picture frames. But really, I wouldn't have traded this past Sunday for the world.

Anyway, I'm not too old for Monday mornings to continue to start the week off wrong. It never fails. Nothing really works in my office when I want it to, and when I want it to is usually Monday morning. The answer would surely be to have things planned before leaving on Friday night, but I'm too busy late in the week trying to tweak my lessons for Saturday classes - a new necessity this semester as I am now working with a new co-teacher who - rightfully so - has her own wants, needs, and expectations from co-teaching this class. My dreams of having a relaxing Spring as I busted my ass in the fall to build curriculum I could re-use this semester have come back down to reality. Such is co-teaching, and admittedly, "true co-teaching" is something I have rarely done in my position. It takes some getting used to.

But yeah, Monday mornings are a chore. I'm pretty sure that all printers, copiers and computers within my Monday morning reach are all synchronized to fail en masse as soon as I walk in the door.

No comments: