Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baskin Robbins in Bundang


...actually, there are probably approximately 35 Baskin Robbins in Bundang, but we found one close to the rabbit's younger sister's place. Her husband is a salary man extraordinaire, so he wasn't able to join us, but last night was a chance for me to see two thirds of a rabbit family portion that I rarely get to see.

The reasons is that Bundang is about two hours from my house. I like the area. To live there would be expensive as hell, and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't fit in with 99% of the places inhabitants in terms of my annual income, but as an area to walk-about, a lot of it is nice. There seems to be more green there for one thing, and there are some great areas with a very European feel - cafes, wine bars and such - that are worth a visit. It's just too damn far for it to be a regular thing. In fact, I believe this was my first time back in Bundang since living in Suwon back in '07/'08. Things change there at the same rate as everywhere else in Seoul.

But, the point was to visit the little sister and her little guy. The dude is attending a preschool with foreign Science, Math, and English teachers. Holy crap - a preschool! Well, at least it helped ease his fears upon seeing me for the first time in almost two years. He's a good natured little fellow, and I have to give him props for being in pretty good spirits after missing his nap to accomodate our afternoon visit. The dry ice from our ice cream purchase was a great source of entertainment, but apparently his lazy-ass foreign Science teacher hasn't yet covered sublimation of C02. Get on it!

Anyway, thanks for the delicious homemade pizza and fruit plate - the latter of which, I would argue, should become a staple snack in Canadian homes as it is here in Korea. Traditionally, when Canadians have tiny forks out for guests, there are tiny sausages on the end. In Korea, it's apples and oranges.

1 comment:

Rock Steady said...

what a cutie~ and do i ever miss bundang...