Friday, April 29, 2011

I guess I missed it


The Royal Wedding of the Duke & Dutchess of Cambridge was today... or yesterday. I'm not sure really how it matches-up with the Korean timezone.

Anyway, I watched a 4 minute highlight reel on BBC's homepage. It looked like fun.

I was 5 years old when the Duke and Dutchess of Wales got married. I don't remember too much, but I remember watching the wedding from a hotel room somewhere in the States (Montana) with my mom, dad, and sister. Sandy had a paper doll book where you could dress-up the royal couple in various garb - including a polo suit for Charles, and discreet swimwear for England's Rose.

I think I was playing with a new Tonka truck set that my parents bought for me at a local department store. The truck had a horse trailer with two removable horses. Sandy and I hooked-up the horses with shoe laces to pull the trailer and we put the overly tall and two-dimensional Duke & Dutchess in the horse trailer to be pulled-through the shag rug for their royal wedding procession recreation.

I'm remembering this for the first time today.

1 comment:

Jen Davies, MA, CDP said...

I had those paper dolls that you show the photo of (Di and Charles in underwear)! I loved them!