Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Sunglasses


The rabbit got me a very generous "stay safe in Canada" gift. She's always wanted to get me a decent pair of sunglasses, and I've never once owned a pair, so it was a good fit.

After a trip to Lotte Department Store in Myeong-dong, we found the right ones. Being that this is my first pair, I went with the brand that sounded to most trustworthy.

Then, it was off to the Myeong-dong underground shopping center and the endless hallways of glasses shops. We were recommended one by the girl who sold us the glasses. This particular ajushi is apparently the go-to guy when the Lotte Department store requires some repairs on its own glasses stock. For future reference, if you're looking for glasses, adjustments, or anything eye related, this guy is quite the optometrist as well. Just look for Iris (아이리스) with the only orange sign in a sea of white ones. He'll set you up like Johnny Depp in Sleepy Hollow.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with my new glasses - the first prescription pair I've ever owned. The lenses are a bit thick because of my truly shabby eyes, but if these Ray-bans are good-enough for Mukmuk, they're good enough for me.

1 comment:

Sam Times said...

For a second there, I thought your new glasses was in the first picture. That aside, your Ray-Ban sunglasses looks really nice.