Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm going on vacation!

I'll have a lot more to write about when I return, but for now, here's where the rabbit and I will be headed, starting this evening...


1) Buyeo - historically rich city in the South West, and former capital city of the Baekje Kingdom.


2) Jeonju - Capital of North Jeolla Province and renowned for its delicious "Jeonju Bibimbap" and well-maintained hanok village.


3) Namwon - Korea's "City of Love", based at the foot of Jirisan and the setting for Korea's famous fictional romance, Chunhyang.


4) Haeinsa - This is the temple that houses thousands of ancient wooden blocks, upon which are carved the world's most complete collection of original Buddhist texts. Very cool - read all about it.

We will be gone for 5 nights and 5 days - returning on Saturday evening on a KTX train from Daegu to Seoul. Looking forward to some time away and some adventures with my girl. I'll be sure to write all about it upon my return.

No comments: