Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Waiting Room


Finished watching Twin Peaks tonight. It was the 5th time that I have watched the entire series. I may have mentioned this before, but living on the west coast, if one ever was a Twin Peaks fan, it's easy to get sucked back into that world when one's daily setting is as inviting as this. I am hopeful that some friends of mine might be interested in a Spring journey to some key areas in Washington State where we might be able to see a few key sites, just for poops and ha-has: the falls, the Great Northern, and the log on the beach where Laura's body was found wrapped in plastic - just to name a few.

So, once again I say goodbye to characters I know and love and I watch as two enter into the waiting room before going through the black lodge and hoping to ascend to the white lodge and I feel, through my experience thus far as a student teacher having finished two short practicums and regrouping before moving on to my third, that I too am in the waiting room in a sense. There are people around me who seem to speak in tongues, the coffee sometimes clots, and strange people seem to come at me screaming from behind couches while I do my best to focus on why I crossed the threshold in the first place.

I'm going to take some time, and it will be valuable, and I need to brush my teeth.

No comments: